Why do a Placement with K4C?
There are many reasons why you should complete a placement with Knowledge for Change; here are our top 5:
- You will gain highly beneficial knowledge, skills and experience: Over 90% of our students reported their placements as having a ‘very strong’ positive impact on their skills in areas such as clinical and communication skills, compassion/empathy, resource awareness, cultural awareness and health systems thinking.
- You are able to make a real difference: Students are actively involved in providing hands-on patient care under direct, high quality supervision from our British professional volunteers and local staff and partners. 94% of students who completed a placement with K4C believed they had a 'positive' or 'very positive' impact on the individuals, facilities or health system within which they were based.
- Our placements save you money: As a charity, we do not operate for profit which makes our placements far cheaper than those offered by private companies. More importantly, the money you do pay supports health and education systems in developing countries rather than high staff salaries, administration costs and company profits in the UK.
- Our placements are safe: All placement locations, accommodation and travel arrangements are fully risk assessed to ensure your comfort and safety. Support is on hand whenever it is needed from our British professional volunteers and our experienced team of local staff who will be with you for the duration of your placement.
- Our placements are fun and exciting: You will meet many new and interesting people from around the world. You will have plenty of free time in evenings and weekends; more adventurous travellers can go mountain hiking, on safari park adventures and chimp trekking deep into the African bush. Others can relax in the sun by a beautiful crater lake or swimming pool at a plush lakeside lodge or hotel. Whatever your preference, our team are there to help you minimise costs and maximise enjoyment!